This afternoon, I took River into her room to change her diaper. She proceeded to make an amazing mess, so much so that I kept telling her how impressed I was with her achievement. Here is what happened:
1. Her diaper had leaked a bit, so all her clothing had gotten wet and needed to be changed. I stripped her down to just her diaper.
2. When I opened the diaper to take it off, I saw that it was impressively full. Not only that, but it actually smelled. (Exclusively breastfed babies usually don’t have very smelly diapers.)
3. When I was wiping her off prior to putting the new diaper on, she erupted with a fountain of pee, soaking the wipe I was cleaning her off with, my hand, the old diaper (still underneath her at that point to avoid spreading poo around) as well as a cloth diaper that was under that to keep the mess off the changing pad.
4. Then I noticed she was spitting up all over herself, getting it on her neck and shoulders and soaking the cloth diaper that was under her head.
5. Then I just started laughing really hard and congratulating her on her mess.
6. Then I had to clean it all up.
Life with a baby is full of all kinds of excitement. 🙂