We’ve scheduled a c-section for Friday morning at 7:00am, so we should be meeting River shortly after that! Hopefully she will decide to stay put until then. The other option was to wait to go into labor naturally, then go to the hospital for the c-section. We decided to schedule it rather than waiting because it sounded really stressful to have to rush to the hospital and potentially rush into surgery immediately upon arrival. It’s already going to be stressful to be having surgery at all, so it’ll be better for our mental health to be able to do it all in a calmer way and hopefully have a calm, peaceful environment for her to be born into.
Before we found out that she had the cord wrapped around her neck and trying to turn her manually was a bad idea, we were getting overwhelmed by all of the possibilities, so Darren made this flow chart to help us keep track of what was going on. Since then, the possibilities have obviously been narrowed down quite a bit. I’m still really looking forward to getting to the one point where all of the possible paths converge:
Yay for meeting River!